Color My Agenda
Hello there friend! Looks like you're new here. You will surely get a lot more value out of our forum if you join us, it's Free!
If you join, be sure to look for the verification mail that was sent to the email you sign up with. You will not be an active member until you click it and verify your email.
Color My Agenda
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How-to's, Community Learning and DFY Content, Planners, Journals and PLR

PortalPortal  HomeHome  FAQFAQ  Latest imagesLatest images  Log inLog in  RegisterRegister  Useful ToolsUseful Tools  Domains/HostingDomains/Hosting  
WELCOME! PLEASE READ!!
IF YOU JUST JOINED BE SURE TO VALIDATE YOUR EMAIL THEN LOG IN AND MAKE ONE POST TO FULLY ACTIVATE YOUR MEMBERSHIP!
HATE PESKY ADS? CLICK HOW TO USE AN ADBLOCK
and they will Magically disappear!

"This website & posts may contain affiliate links. As an Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. I may receive a small commission, at no cost to you,
if you make a purchase though a link!" RECOMMENDED RESOURCES !

Introduction - Articles, Tips, and Stories by Pam Klecan.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
PDTSA
Team Member
Team Member
PDTSA

Introduction - Articles, Tips, and Stories by Pam Klecan.  Empty
PostSubject: Introduction - Articles, Tips, and Stories by Pam Klecan. Introduction - Articles, Tips, and Stories by Pam Klecan.  Icon_minitimeMon 11 Jan 2021, 11:47 am

Article, Tips, and Stories by Pam Klecan.
Pam has a Master Gardener License for the State of MN.

Hello!

My name is Pam Klecan and I really enjoy gardening, so I thought I would share with you some of my stories.  

I am a Master Gardener for the State of MN (although, I haven't done my community service lately to keep up my license). I am mostly planting in pots for the last few years because I had to sell my 10 acre farm and move into town.  I don't have enough space for all I want to plant anymore!  Sad   But, I have found that potting my plants is working very well and I will keep you updated on everything that I find that works and doesn't work.  I live in MN, so I am in zone 3, which means there aren't as many plants that can grow outside as down in Florida, for instance.

I am here to pass on my adventures in green miracles (which is what I consider all plants) and am willing to help answer any questions you have.  I will try to get on here daily but I may miss some days-like weekends.  My 5 year old grandson is living with me right now because his mother  has cancer and is fighting hard.  For those of you that pray, please add her to your prayer list. A 5 year old that wants Grandma's attention makes it hard to write!  I am also starting up a couple of new sites, so that is time consuming.  I will pass along their addresses when they are officially up if you are interested in taking a look at them.  

I think that is enough of an introduction since I can't think of anything interesting to say about myself. Very Happy

Talk to you soon!

Pam
Back to top Go down
PDTSA
Team Member
Team Member
PDTSA

PostSubject: Re: Introduction - Articles, Tips, and Stories by Pam Klecan. Introduction - Articles, Tips, and Stories by Pam Klecan.  Icon_minitimeMon 11 Jan 2021, 12:14 pm

I realized not everyone would know what a planting zone is.  Please see map below to find yours.

Introduction - Articles, Tips, and Stories by Pam Klecan.  Usda_p11
The map is from the USDA website and if you want to go see more, here is the link:
https://www.almanac.com/content/plant-hardiness-zones

"Plant hardiness zones—also known as planting zones or growing zones—help gardeners understand which plants can survive their region’s climate."  USDA website.

There is a plethora of information on the USDA website, so if you are interested in planting your own green miracles, that is a wonderful site to visit. They even have maps for your state's microclimates.

What is a microclimate, you ask?  Well, every part of a state is not the same.  Large clumps of trees or moutains or hills or grasslands, etc. make changes to the climate where they exist.  For example:  my 10 acre farm is only 25 miles from where I live now. It had a microclimate of zone 4 because I had trees on 2 sides and buildings on the other sides.  So everything inside that area was kept just a little bit warmer and was more protected from storms.  Where I live now, in town, I don't have the trees to help with a microclimate and I am on a corner, so there is wind from two directions.  Here I am zone 3. 

When you are buying perennials (plants that last more than one season) or seeds, they should always tell you what the lowest hardiness zone is that the plant can handle.  Of course, if you are going to keep them in pots inside, you don't have to worry about that.
It is good to know which plants you would need to protect more inside if the furnace goes out or something along those lines. 
Back to top Go down
P3Penny
P3Penny

PostSubject: Re: Introduction - Articles, Tips, and Stories by Pam Klecan. Introduction - Articles, Tips, and Stories by Pam Klecan.  Icon_minitimeMon 18 Jan 2021, 3:35 pm

Hi,

Do you know anything about Orchids?
My husband just came home with another one a couple days ago,
and so far, we have never been able to keep one alive for very long.

This one has a very long single stem, and supposedly roots are supposed to form around the flower, which I have never heard of before.

Would love to keep one alive this time lol

Back to top Go down
CMA Admin
Admin
Admin
CMA Admin

PostSubject: Re: Introduction - Articles, Tips, and Stories by Pam Klecan. Introduction - Articles, Tips, and Stories by Pam Klecan.  Icon_minitimeSat 23 Jan 2021, 1:11 pm

Penny are you serious!

So did mine!!! It was a birthday present  alien that is so weird...

I too want to know about orchids @PDTSA if you can help. I usually watch them wither....
Back to top Go down
http://dailylifeagenda.com https://colormyagenda.com
ConnieGee
VIP Member
VIP Member
ConnieGee

PostSubject: Re: Introduction - Articles, Tips, and Stories by Pam Klecan. Introduction - Articles, Tips, and Stories by Pam Klecan.  Icon_minitimeSat 23 Jan 2021, 1:24 pm

WAIT!! Before you throw out your orchids, DON'T! They rebloom! I didn't know that, either. But I learned. Keep them out of direct sunlight, keep them warm. The rebloom... it's the craziest thing!
Con

CMA Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down
CMA Admin
Admin
Admin
CMA Admin

PostSubject: Re: Introduction - Articles, Tips, and Stories by Pam Klecan. Introduction - Articles, Tips, and Stories by Pam Klecan.  Icon_minitimeMon 12 Apr 2021, 5:14 pm

@PDTSA Hi there, good to see you found your way back lol

I moved your Orchid post to it's own topic page here:

https://colormyagenda.forumotion.com/t198-what-you-want-to-know-about-orchids#398

You will notice it is in the section marked GREEN MIRACLES which is your writing area.

Thanks for the article.
Back to top Go down
http://dailylifeagenda.com https://colormyagenda.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Introduction - Articles, Tips, and Stories by Pam Klecan. Introduction - Articles, Tips, and Stories by Pam Klecan.  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Introduction - Articles, Tips, and Stories by Pam Klecan.
Page 1 of 1