Color My Agenda
Hello there friend! We're new, and you're new here.
You will surely get a lot more value out of our forum if you join us,
it's Free!
Color My Agenda
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How-to's, Community Learning and DFY Content, Planners, Journals and PLR

CMA StoreCMA Store  PortalPortal  HomeHome  FAQFAQ  Log inLog in  RegisterRegister  SearchSearch  CalendarCalendar  Useful ToolsUseful Tools  
WELCOME! OUR FORUM IS STILL IN A STATE OF BUILD BUT YOU ARE OFFICIALLY WELCOME & INVITED TO JOIN AS A FOUNDING MEMBER & PARTICIPATE.
THIS FORUM IS AN EXTENSION OF COURSES FROM THE WEBSITE, AS WELL AS A COMMUNITY FOR MEMBERS.
IF YOU JUST JOINED BE SURE TO VALIDATE YOUR EMAIL THEN LOG IN AND MAKE ONE POST TO FULLY ACTIVATE YOUR MEMBERSHIP!

HEY EVERYONE...
IF YOU GO TO MY GREEN CONTENT ETSY SHOP AND FAV AN ITEM,
YOU WILL GET A 20% DISCOUNT COUPON! GO THERE!

An Update on the State of Things

Go down 
AuthorMessage
CMA Admin
Admin
Admin
CMA Admin

An Update on the State of Things Empty
PostSubject: An Update on the State of Things An Update on the State of Things Icon_minitimeThu 15 Jul 2021, 5:35 pm

WOW,
it has been a whirlwind 2 months, and apparently it is not over yet. 
While I thought I was getting close to catching up, and getting work done, uploaded and out, yet another pile of shingles fell upon my head lol.

I will try and tell you what has gone on the last couple months that has made me generally MIA....

I will start with the Last thing that happened just Last Night!!!

And with it a WARNING!!! If you are using Wordpress for your stores beware of both the warning just issued from WP itself, and upgrading to the newest updates....

So, last night I got the emails from WP support (you should have gotten them too) about a pretty critical breach in the system. I had been putting off updating to the newest versions in all my shops, for quite some time, due to the fact that there were numerous warnings from Techs to wait because it was causing so many problems. 
So I waited and waited, and about 4 months ago, I decided to update the least used website out of the 4 (these are 4 other sites on the Hostinger platform, not CMA) and sure enough, even tho the website was somewhat ok, the Site Origin Tools went haywire. Sadly I use those plugins a lot, so many pages were unable to be edited again after that, and it basically stripped the codes from the pages it was used on.

SO, I waited and waited, too afraid to update any others including CMA..... until last night when that ominous warning came from WP.

So I started with the Digi store, and in a few more seconds I thought, this is bad, I better bite the bullet and do CMA also. So off I went hitting the update button on both sites, while praying to my Gods and Goddesses to please please at least leave my CMA store in full working condition....

Well they always say be careful for what you wish for, or in this case, how you word it, because in this case, my Fairies and my Entities, answered me exactly the way asked...

The Digi store crashed and burned, and CMA is PERFECT!!!

Here is the real clincher tho, I have been thinking the last 2 months during all the other "thinking and chaos" happening (oh I've been doing some thinking alright, but hopefully all productive and in the right direction) 
and  I had 90% decided to close the 4 stores on Hostinger at the end of this year. I was still a little on the fence, and knew I wanted to copy over a lot of what was there to new sites etc, but was not looking forward to the task..... Well that was decided for me last night, and ONCE AGAIN, I am spending today trying to FIX things, and to get the page that digiscrapcafe.com is linked to, copied over to a new page on CMA..... grrrr.

It seems like everyday lately, my time has been taken up buy one sidetrack or problem after another.

i had intended to have a closing sale at that digi store the next few months, but that is a bust since I lost all the store pages, and there is no store there to have the sale......

I am not sure what happened or what caused this, but it was some kind of error with the Woocommerce plugin, and 2 others that failed in the update as well. I tried to figure it out, but honestly, I am just so over it, and it seems pointless since i was planning to close the digi store anyway....

The vintage shop and the POD shop are fine, I did not update those, so I can copy those to elsewhere, and the local directory, meh, who cares lol... 

One of the things that has been weighing heavily on my mind, is trying to rid myself of excess burdens, in all forms.... this was just one of them, as the CMA store is my first priority now (and has been for the last year and a half) so the Universe sometimes helps you make up your mind lol!

I have also been unsubscribing, and deleting memberships to countless POINTLESS emails and "programs" as I sit back and watch them all for what they really are, a bunch of lazy copycats, and blowhards!!! 

It has amazed me to open my emails and see countless people "pushing" the same things, over and over on a daily basis...... while promoting it as PLR, ack! If you can not repurpose it and resell it for more than personal use, then it is NOT PLR folks, get a freakin clue! and stop spending your money on products you can't truly resell as your own. It is appalling how many of the same products are on Etsy alone, this is not what PLR was meant to be.... 

Please begin calling it what it is, CU4PU, commercial use for personal use, plain and simple. I might also mention, that when I came back to the PLR arena after more than a decade, my intention of course was to get back into the real PLR niche, and instead, this new generation niche of people calling printables something new, (printables are NOT new) and redefining the PLR definitions, I must admit caught me at first. 

For one thing, using real PLR is actually work, you make it your own, you don't just take "DFY" content and slap your name on it and sell it as personal use.... either way you look at it, this is lazy and eventually people will notice you are not taking any time to actually do the work to make things unique... Admittedly I fell for the "ease" of not doing any work, and saving time, but what actually happened is it cost me more time, and money thrown away on products that I really can't use, because I don't want to look like everyone else. 

And I certainly do not want to sell personal use items, that was and never is my intention, I have been selling commercial use, and resale products of all kinds to my customers for years, and it irks me that I got lazy and fell into this "trap" I call it.

So with that said, I have unsubscribed from tons of "marketers" already, and in some cases only stayed subscribed to the source, in very few cases, like maybe 6 or 8 people.  If you are in this forum, or on my own mailing lists, then I kept you and those people, and the rest are getting the boot.

Same goes for countless programs I somehow got linked up to, maybe due to giveaways, I don't know for sure, some of those brought some really useless info to my inboxes, and to make it worse they email you 10 times a day, with 10 different addresses, unsubscribe from one,, and 9 more still arrive. 

Some of the giveaways I participated in last year, brought me a few good people, but also introduced me to some really horrible ones, scammers, (got refunds in all cases) know it alls, fake people, and my favorite, an unprofessional hypocrite and bully all wrapped into one!

So being sick, and having my eyes act up has given me too much time to think, but I do believe it helped open my eyes to what I needed to see. When it is all said and done, everything and everyone around me, you reading this included, will be on the benefit end of the stick!!

This is not done, I will finish this list of craziness later, but you are free to make comments below.... I have not sent any news letters out lately either, partially due to a catatonic state of mind..... that is slowly changing... be safe my friends till next......

BUY REAL GREEN CONTENT PLR - FORGET THE MODERN MUMBO JUMBO TERMS!
THIS IS OLD SCHOOL PLR YOU OWN AND CONTROL!
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://yourdailyagenda.com https://colormyagenda.com
CMA Admin
Admin
Admin
CMA Admin

An Update on the State of Things Empty
PostSubject: Re: An Update on the State of Things An Update on the State of Things Icon_minitimeThu 15 Jul 2021, 6:21 pm

BTW, there was supposed to be articles and forum discussions here on who to find and use REAL PLR!!

So sorry I got off track... getting on track now..... we are going to do this thing!!!!!

BUY REAL GREEN CONTENT PLR - FORGET THE MODERN MUMBO JUMBO TERMS!
THIS IS OLD SCHOOL PLR YOU OWN AND CONTROL!
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://yourdailyagenda.com https://colormyagenda.com

An Update on the State of Things
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Color My Agenda :: General Discussions :: Share Your Blogs and Websites-
Jump to: