Color My Agenda
Hello there friend! Looks like you're new here. You will surely get a lot more value out of our forum if you join us, it's Free!
If you join, be sure to look for the verification mail that was sent to the email you sign up with. You will not be an active member until you click it and verify your email.
Color My Agenda
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How-to's, Community Learning and DFY Content, Planners, Journals and PLR

PortalPortal  HomeHome  FAQFAQ  Latest imagesLatest images  Log inLog in  RegisterRegister  Useful ToolsUseful Tools  
WELCOME! PLEASE READ!!
IF YOU JUST JOINED BE SURE TO VALIDATE YOUR EMAIL THEN LOG IN AND MAKE ONE POST TO FULLY ACTIVATE YOUR MEMBERSHIP!
HATE PESKY ADS? CLICK HOW TO USE AN ADBLOCK
and they will Magically disappear!

"This website & posts may contain affiliate links. As an Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. I may receive a small commission, at no cost to you,
if you make a purchase though a link!" RECOMMENDED RESOURCES !

Why Facebook is an outdated network

Go down 
AuthorMessage
CMA Admin
Admin
Admin
CMA Admin

Why Facebook is an outdated network Empty
PostSubject: Why Facebook is an outdated network Why Facebook is an outdated network Icon_minitimeThu 14 Jul 2022, 3:33 pm

Many of you already know that I am the "platform" Queen. I have websites, blogs, and markets all over the internet, some of which have been there and are still thriving since 1995. 

Many of you also know, I purposely started THIS network, to get off FB and help other to have a ground where they could really be heard, and promote their business and crafts freely (legally of course). So it is no surprise that after all these years, some folks are finally beginning to realise that the Book of Faces, is nothing more than a vampire and a scam ground.

So then, why do so many people "cling" to this platform? 

Because people need an escape from the daily drudgery, for one thing.
They need distractions from real life, they need to feel stimulation and are actually addicted to the platform. Have you ever been to Vegas, and watched some of the folks who literally "live" at the table or slot machines, yes, it's an addiction, neither being very good for your health or well being.

Since being on Facebook since almost the beginning (2006) I have joined and are a part of a number of groups and pages. Many people on the platform are sharing how they post on Facebook, do live videos, and are trying everything they can to get their group members to engage with their content. For the most part they are getting little interactions, views, comments or likes.

So what happens now?

People tend to feel let down, despondent, depressed and disheartened.
They're frustrated because they feel they are wasting their time and nobody feels good. Seeing no results for your hard work is for sure depressing. 

Many business owners and "so called gurus" seem to think it's a necessary step. They will tell you when you start your business you "need" to start a facebook group. This information is not only outdated, but WRONG! 

When I started back in the 90's, it was a whole "nuther" world. Facebook groups are simply not what they were like years ago, and with the platforms constant changes (and screwing things up) it is definately not a platform you can count on or feel stable in.
Here are some crazy statistics, based on current findings.

In 2021 there were around 10 million groups on Facebook. The average number of groups people are in is between 25 and 100. That is a lot of feeds going through your news feed.

Your own posts get lost in a sea of content, so instead of wasting all that time and energy there, why not put your efforts into strategies that get results.
First off, everyone needs a mailing list, so building your email list should be a priority, and don't bother trying to build it with a Facebook group, it will take you forever, and you don't have that kind of time.

The statistics are, for every social media post you create, you will be lucky if 1 person sees it, while 22x more people will see that email you send. SO....... why waste time with a platform who's only goal is to make themselves richer.

Now back to this forum, which is another great "free" way to get seen, promote, and make a network of friends and biz associates. PLUS, no hacking, no spammers, scammers or word police. That is not to say there are not simple rules, but you are safe here, (I make sure of that always, and keep the trash out). 
Nuff said.... 

Come join if you are reading this and not a member.
Back to top Go down
http://dailylifeagenda.com https://colormyagenda.com

Why Facebook is an outdated network
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Color My Agenda :: The Writers Block :: The Internet Machine-
Jump to: